Thursday, July 9, 2009

We're almost there.

I'm starting this blog just to document my day to day, most likely of no interest to anyone but me, but it's good to have a record.

This week we're getting the keys to our new home. We'll be staying in our current unit in Lake Merritt, Oakland, until the end of the month when we finally pick everything up and cart it over the bay. We're retaining our unit in Oakland until the market is better, renting it out to a new couple in the mean time. We hope they like it, I know I'll miss it to death. I think it's actually good to keep it for me, I'll detach from it emotionally while living at my new place, but we won't have given it up officially yet. It's not yet "no longer our home" until we sell.

It's really heart breaking to leave, Rob and I planned our wedding, got our dogs, and got married while living in this house. We both learned a lot about ourselves and our lives changed greatly, but now it's time to move on. I'll miss it.

Memories of our place as, the way it looked while we lived here.



Bye old house.
Hello new house. I hope the puppies don't mind learning to poop in the city.

2 comments:

  1. what color was your living room painted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember :( And now I can't find out! Well, I can, but I have to give 24 hour notice and it feels weird for a landlord to go in just to find out what color a wall is. I do wonder though...

    ReplyDelete