Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm patient, I swear.

Ok, that's a lie. I'm the one who checks tracking every few minutes and will cry if I can't have what I want immediately. Er, so I don't cry, but I do get whiney. I'll shake Rob and whimper if I have to wait for someone and you don't want to be around me if a shipment is coming in late for something. Late is bad. Late causes serious anxiety.

So the idea of having to wait a very long time to do the kitchen/laundry/pantry remodel is killing me. I spend a lot of time looking at appliances and dreaming about where we will put them... even though chances are by the time I actually buy anything the ones I'm looking at now will no longer be manufactured. Honestly, I don't know when we'll be doing the remodel. It's such a huge expense and we have other things we want to take care of it.

Like... I want to go back to school for a year and it won't be cheap... since I won't be doing it locally. Without a job, I need to have saved enough to survive on my own for a year. I don't mind living like a hobo and eating breadcrumbs for a year, but the living expense alone is a lot to handle.


The problem is, just like wedding planning, the longer you have to plan it - the more elaborate it gets. So although it was originally just an aesthetic gutting of the kitchen without moving any electrical or plumbing, it has become a complete demolition with removal of a wall, complete redos of the heating system, an extra window... basically, we want to start completely over. Yes, a ton of electrical and plumbing will have to be moved in order for this to happen. We'll have to do some moving of electrical in the living room also if we want to be able to tear down a wall...

I'm ridiculous. By the time we're ready to remodel, I'm going to have decided to tear down the whole building and start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment