Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Who are you anyway?

I've been gone. I know, it's been an up and down what with having NEARLY CUT OFF MY FINGER. It's gross, but it's decided to reattach and now the end just feels (and looks) a little strange. The nail is almost back to full length. Just another month and I think I will be able to get a very well deserved manicure for my abused hand. Oddly enough, the same week I nearly lost that finger, another friend of mine smooshed his into near oblivion. The same finger on the same hand! We were lame finger buddies.

In other news, I just finished the illustration for Mrs. Taffy. She was so patient with the move, and the painting, and the loss of my finger.... so I'm happy that it's finished and that she likes it! I'll post that as soon as I get home. :)

We also hired someone to put up wallpaper. We were going to do it ourselves until we realized the ceiling is so high right above the stairs, there was no way we could do it. Not without doing a crap job and breaking our necks, at least.



And I'm embarrassed that my entry way looks like this - although it doesn't anymore. We cleaned it and hung up the coat rack... but I'm all about being real. Here is my really nasty dirty entryway.


Next up, forcing Rob to buy me a new washer and dryer.

2 comments:

  1. that wallpaper is uh-mazing. loves it. :)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! It's Orla Kiely, which is so so so very me. We thought it may be too much, but I definitely wanted it to scream, "you have entered Stella's house"

    ReplyDelete